Monday, February 04, 2008

Flashing back..

ah ! and we're standing in front of my grandpa's ESSO gas shop! and i.. apparently, appeared to be the one being carried.. =)
this is chinese new year 1989.

in ss2 house.. im the tom boy there playin with the bike.. wearing hair band.

*winks*

and this is chinese new year 1990.

WOW!


I still remembered during Chinese New Year eve. My family and I will be at Kuala Kubu Bharu, just to visit my po po and my kong kong; my mum's mum and dad. and that night itself, my kongkong will prepare a big feast for this reunion. i loved his pak cham kai ( steamed chicken). every year it will be almost the same dishes but its ... great.
later that night, my elder sis and bro will play the fire crackers, and me at the side watching them happily. i was kinda young that time, scared of lighting up the firecrackers. i played the ' pop pop' though. haha.
but now there is less firecrackers to play with, later the police come and catch us.
in the morning, we'll put on our new clothes, wish everyone Happy Chinese New Year, and get our precious 'angpow' from grandpama and from my parents. then off we will head back to ss2, to continue our new year.
My "Ma mak'' (dad's mum) and the rest will be waiting for us at ss2. and also our cousins waiting for us all to ' hoi toi' . meaning to gamble! our favourite all time black jack. hehe.and also mah jong as well.! and then as usual... all the visits to our relatives in KL.

This year, my kongkong will be the only old folk. because of the lost of MaMak last Oct, all of us will not be celebrating Chinese New Year this year, because of our chinese tradition. Maybe just a reunion chinese New year eve makan with everyone.
My family and i will be going to Singapore for a holiday during this festive holiday. Not visiting or anything.. Wont be gambling much. sigh..
My chinese new year will never be the same again.
anyhow, its a cycle of generations.

Happy Chinese New year. !! =)

No comments: