Saturday, March 06, 2010

Satellite Heart

9am today, I was to go to
Parkwood, which is the Psychiatry Unit in the Hospital.
I arrived there, and asked the reception the direction to the CRISIS Team Office room.

I remembered the direction that was given by this cute young lad, BUT don't know why I went through the WRONG double doors, and ended up in a SmALL corridor with no one, it was quiet.. plus it was REALLY WARM there, feeling trapped suddenly I felt my chest tightened, I could not get air into my lungs.. Terrible feeling, like I could'nt breathe :( AND I didn't bring my Inhaler... I mean, I don't usually bring it with me!
Anyways, I went out of the corridor towards the reception again, and after that managed to get to the right place. I was still suffering the chest tightness, lasted for about half an hour.

Differential Diagnosis Acute Asthma secondary to 1. Panic Attack, 2. Claustrophobic, 3. Sudden change in temperature.

Psychiatry Crisis Home Management Team was quite good. But the patients I saw in their homes today were quite normal, just mild depression, in which to my opinion is just exaggerated.
Stop prescribing antidepressants in this country!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear ching
what happened? Must listened to intructions properly, ok. Luckily it's in the hospital and not elsewhere.
love u, mum

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.